Soft, fleece blankets draped throughout the house make a home look even more comfortable. No matter where you put one, the enticing look of plush fleece will draw a crowd. It’s not just the comfort that makes fleece blankets so fantastic though, these blankets work as a great decoration throughout the house as well:
- Drape a bright colored blanket over your headboard in the bedroom and add a touch of brightness to the room’s aura.
- Fold your blanket lengthwise and lay it over an armchair to give the room a more sophisticated look.
- Warm up a guest room by adding a large plush fleece blanket across the bed. Fold it lengthwise and stripe it down the bottom of the bed for style.
- Warm up the master bedroom bed with a large deep blue or dark brown fleece throw to give the essence of a cozy, romantic place.
- Toss a light-colored fleece over the back of a colored chair, have it aligned slightly to the left or the right for a designed look.
- Fold your blanket from corner to corner and line it up with a corner of the couch, bed, or armchair to add shape to a room.
- Add a snug fleece blanket to a baby’s room to complete the look of serenity. Daintily drape a cozy blanket over the side of the crib for the perfect, child-like look.
Each of these design techniques is both functional and fashionable. People love to come into a room and have the opportunity to cuddle up with a soft fleece blanket. Styling these blankets throughout your house allows people to do just that.
But that’s not where blanket decor ends; the color of a blanket within each room can make a difference as well. It is said that colors evoke different feelings and energies, which is why people color coordinate different rooms of their home. A designer’s advice is to decorate/paint the rooms of your home in the following colors:
- Dining room - red
- kitchen - yellow
- Living Room - lavender
- Bedroom - green
- Office - blue
- Red: stirs up energy, excitement, and starts conversation
- Yellow: emanates joy, cheer, and purifies the soul
- Blue: is said to lower blood pressure, is calming, and relaxing
- Green: relieves stress, promotes good health, and is said to even help with fertility
- Purple: is considered sophisticated, luxurious, and creative
- Orange: creates excitement, energy, and brings out emotions
With an array of colors, plush levels, and sizes, the American Blanket Company has exactly what you’re looking for when it comes to a comfy cozy home. Check out the numerous choices today!